This is the Humpback Covered Bridge spanning Dunlap Creek west of Covington in Alleghany County, Virginia. It was built in 1857 for the James River Kanawha Turnpike Corp. It was in service until 1929. In 1954 the area was turned into a park and the bridge was resided and painted. It is about 100 feet long and has a 4′-1″ hump. It utilizes multiple kingpost trusses. It is one of six historic covered bridges left in Virginia.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO