The following photos are of the Philippi covered bridge spanning Tygart Valley River in Philippi, Barbour County, West Virginia. It is 304 feet long, Burr arch variant, which was built in 1852 by Lemuel Chenoweth. It was used by both armies during the American Civil War. It was strengthened in 1934 and now carries U. S. Rte. 250 traffic. WV still has 16 historic covered bridges.
PHOTOS & HISTORIC DETAILS BY:
BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO