The following photos are of The Bollinger Mill or Burfordville Covered Bridge in Cape Girardeau County Missouri. It spans the Upper Whitewater Creek in Burfordville. It is one of only four covered bridges still standing in Missouri. Construction started in 1860, but was interrupted by the Civil War, and was completed in 1867 or 1868. It was built by Joseph Lansmon. It was restored in 1950 by the Missouri State Highway Commission. It is 140′ long and utilizes Howe trusses.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER…. FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO