A WORD FROM: THE WISE
The Grim Reaper Cometh!
I believe the country witnessed a game changing event last night when AG William Barr announced the appointment of John Durham, US Attorney for the District of Connecticut to head an investigation into the origins and legal foundations for the political Russian hoax that resulted in the Mueller Special Counsel report.
The Democrats have been leveling relentless attacks against AG Barr’s character and reputation since the release of the Mueller report. Their goal is to discredit and smear Barr prior to the release of potential damaging reports by the DOJ IG, internal DOJ investigations, and the Senate Judiciary Committee investigation into the origins of the Russian investigation.
Our country should be extremely proud that we finally have an AG that is performing his job. He is tough, he is willing to take on a fight that is worth fighting, and he is demonstrating great leadership for a department that is in desperate need of change. He is working to restore the reputation and culture within the DOJ and FBI. The appointment of John Durham is another giant step in the right direction.
So why is this appointment important and why are the Democrats worried about John Durham? Let’s take a look at the man who I like to call the “Grim Reaper.”
- He is a registered Republican.
- He has been employed by the DOJ since 1982 and has been a lead federal prosecutor since February, 2018.
- He headed the Boston Strike Force on Organized Crime. He has been involved in high profile criminal convictions, including retired FBI agent John Connolly Jr. who received 10 years for federal racketeering charges.
- He took on the Boston mob.
- He conducted investigations into former Republican Governor John Rowland. Rowland served 2 prison terms for not paying taxes and accepting illegal gifts.
- He conducted an investigation of the CIA into the legality of enhanced interrogation techniques.
- He is widely seen as a straight shooter and he is not influenced by politics.
- He has a reputation as a hard charging bull who is tenacious and skilled at his trade.
- He is extremely focused and does his work without leaks.
The last three points will probably scare the daylights out of the deep state and bad actors that held high level positions in the FBI, DOJ, CIA, Department of State, and NSA in 2016 and 2017. It has been rumored that Mr. Durham has been reviewing documents and facts related to his new assignment for several weeks. I suspect he is going to hit the ground running and it will not take him two years (like the SC Mueller) to reach decisions regarding criminal conduct.
In my opinion, the most important aspect of this appointment is that Mr. Durham will have the power to empanel grand juries and he will have subpoena powers across all government agencies. I suspect that Mr. Durham is going to get to the bottom of each issue and identify the bad guys and gals rather quickly. There is a new sheriff in town and he knows the system. The deep state and establishment folks who normally jump into these situations to derail investigations are probably searching for some way to counteract Mr. Durham. GOOD LUCK!