From: Hank Ashmore
The Deplorable Infidel
Cory Booker is calling for a national gun licensing program that would require anyone who wants to purchase a firearm to go to a designated local office to submit an application, submit fingerprints for a FBI background check, provide “basic background information,” and “demonstrate completion of a certified gun safety course.” Beyond the gun license requirement, here are the other key aspects of Spartacus’ plan:
· Institute federal oversight over gun manufacturers via the Consumer Product Safety Commission to “ensure gun safety by making safety warnings and issuing recalls for faulty firearms.”
· End legal immunity for gun manufacturers so that victims of gun violence can “have their day in court when a gun dealer or manufacturer has acted negligently.”
· Make it easier for law enforcement to identify and trace the source of ammunition used in crimes via handgun microstamping technology, which makes a shell casing traceable to the gun that fired the round.
· Institute universal background checks that would prevent people from privately purchasing firearms without a background check, which federal law currently allows in select circumstances.
· Ban assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks.
· Provide federal funds for research on gun violence and increase funding for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
· Limit gun buyers to purchasing one handgun per month.
· Increase federal funding for local initiatives, including law enforcement programs, dedicated to addressing and combating gun violence.
· Have the Internal Revenue Service investigate the National Rifle Association to conclude whether certain activities recently reported in the news media should lead to revocation of its tax-exempt status.
· If elected, Spartacus pledged to take executive action on the first day of his presidency to implement a number of these policies.
“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
“Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property… Horrid mischief would ensure were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.”
AN OPINION FROM THE DEPLORABLE INFIDEL
Cory Booker talks out of one side of his mouth about completion of a gun safety course and investigating the NRA out of the other. Spartacus does not know that one of the NRA’s main goals is to teach gun safety to anyone, at no cost, all across the country. I think any person planning on running for Congress should be required to take and pass a quiz on the Constitution and be tested for competency. This would eliminate all these lunatics in Congress.
WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
A SIMPLE TRUTH FOR TODAY
Free speech is meaningless unless it tolerates the speech that we hate.