And for this next, the last one (and surely one of my favorites) ~
think of Dean Martin, singing what almost certainly was his most popular song:
From: Hank Ashmore
The Deplorable Infidel
Audie L. Murphy
Audie Murphy was the most decorated American combat soldier of World War II. He received every military combat award for valor available from the U.S. Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism. Murphy received the Medal of Honor for valor that he demonstrated at the age of 19 for single-handedly holding off an entire company of German soldiers for an hour at the Colmar Pocket in France in January 1945, then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammunition.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, Murphy’s older sister helped him to falsify documentation about his birthday in order to meet the minimum age requirement for enlisting in the military. Turned down for being underweight by the Army, Navy, and the Marine Corps, he eventually was able to enlist in the Army. He was assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division. He first saw action in the 1943 Allied invasion of Sicily. His U.S. Army service covered nine World War II campaigns fought by the 3rd Infantry Division: Tunisia, Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Anzio, Rome-Arno, Southern France, Ardennes-Alsace, Rhineland, and Central Europe. Before his 20th birthday he had earned every Army combat award for valor available during his period of service and had risen to the rank of first lieutenant. On the day he was awarded the Medal of Honor for his January 1945 actions at the Colmar Pocket in France, he was considered to be America’s most decorated World War II soldier and received national recognition.
The following is a list of Audie Murphy’s Medals :
Medal of Honor
Silver Stars (2)
Legion of Merit
Bronze Stars (2) (1 “V”)
Purple Hearts (3)
Presidential Citations (2)
American Campaign European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal (10) (Arrowhead device)
World War II Victory
Army of Occupation w/Germany clasp
French Legion of Honor
French de Guerre (3)
Belgian Croix de Guerre
Outstanding Civilian Medal
Texas Legislative Medal of Honor
A true American hero!
WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
“If our country is to survive and prosper, we must summon the courage to condemn and reject the liberal agenda, and we had better do it soon.” – Walter Williams
AN OPINION FROM THE DEPLORABLE INFIDEL
I thought Nancy Pelosi was a far left as anyone could go, however Alexandria Ocasio–Cortez has Pelosi complaining that she is gone too far to the left. Treason is defined as the crime of betraying one’s country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the perfect example of a traitor.
A SIMPLE TRUTH FOR TODAY
If 50 million people say a stupid thing, it’s still a stupid thing.
Cucumbers… I didn’t know this, and to think all these years, I’ve only used them for salads.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers
have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks
great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaks and won’t harm your fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
Pass this along to everybody you know who is looking for better and safer ways to solve life’s everyday problems.
Berta’s Ranch Covered Bridge is one of ten in the state of California. Until last year there were eleven, but the Honey Run covered bridge was destroyed by a wild fire in 2018. It is a 52 foot long queenpost truss variant, built in 1936, spanning Elk River on Bertas Rd. in Humboldt County, south of the town of Elk River. It was built of redwood, as was the nearly identical Zane’s Ranch Covered Bridge, about a quarter mile away. Redwood was plentiful and inexpensive at the time. It is the westernmost covered bridge in the United States.
PHOTOS BY BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO
This is from Friday in California and Nevada. Sometimes the rocks aren’t reliable.
The Editor: Is this like the Seven Wonders of the world, LL ?
Vertigo Cat: No, this is just a small wonder for common people. The ones that the Demolice want to vote for them. This week’s wonder is the ” switchback “. It’s when a trail is too steep to go straight up, so you go back and forth. Here are some examples.
The people in Washington State are so used to pooping and living in the streets that they are spoiling our parks and hiking areas. This is another failed Demopoop state whose residents don’t know about, typhoid, E.coli, plague, TB, typhus, and hundreds of other diseases. They are like dogs that roll over on filthy items.
Here is a wonder in San Franpoopo. It is probably the only street that isn’t inhabited by homeless street poopers. This is a great switchback. I think this is why California Demoretards are so crooked. Just when you think they will answer a question they go back and forth and to another subject. Like Ruby Tuesday in the song.
Here are two wonders, one small and one fantastic. Sand castles will soon be endangered.
This guy is the world’s best athlete.
Explanation: Saturn never shows a crescent phase — from Earth. But when viewed from beyond, the majestic giant planet can show an unfamiliar diminutive sliver. This image of crescent Saturn in natural color was taken by the robotic Cassini spacecraft in 2007. The featured image captures Saturn’s majestic rings from the side of the ring plane opposite the Sun — the unilluminated side — another vista not visible from Earth. Pictured are many of Saturn‘s photogenic wonders, including the subtle colors of cloud bands, the complex shadows of the rings on the planet, and the shadow of the planet on the rings. A careful eye will find the moons Mimas (2 o’clock) and Janus (4 o’clock), but the real challenge is to find Pandora (8 o’clock). Saturn is now nearly opposite from the Sun in the Earth’s sky and so can be seen in the evening starting just after sunset for the rest of the night.
Tomorrow’s picture: galactic center in radio