“Move on people. Nothing will be found here. The manuscript has been written and approved. Check back in 2069.”
-Vince Foster & Lee Harvey Oswald-
The Emerson E. Parks Farm Covered Bridge was built in 1912. It is 33 feet long and utilizes kingpost trusses.
Emerson E. Parks Farm Bridge over dry land was built in 1912. Moved 1997, formerly TN/42-66-01, now TN/42-23-01. According to Mr. Hamilton Parks of Trimble, his grandfather Emerson E. Parks built this bridge about 1904. Of Tennessee’s four historic covered bridges, the Parks Covered Bridge is the only one in the western portion of the state. The Parks Covered Bridge is situated in south central Obion County. Originally, spanned a drainage ditch dividing two fields on Parks’ farm between U.S. 51 (State Route 3 to the west) and State Route 211 (to the east) just north of the Dyer-Gibson County line, about one mile north of Trimble. Although the bridge’s primary purpose was agricultural, local traffic used it until 1928, when the highway department built a state route with a modern bridge nearby. The bridge remained on the Trimble farm on private property and not open to the public, spanning the Obion River Drainage Canal, until its relocation in 1997. In 1997, due to erosion at the original site that had endangered the historic bridge, the community salvaged as much material as possible and rebuilt the bridge in a city park, Parks Plaza, in nearby Trimble. The bridge originally contained a 28-foot Kingpost truss and two approach spans, 15 and 16 feet long. Tin covered the diagonal lateral bracing that was extended outward from the center of the truss. The curb-to-curb width was 11.4 feet, and the out-to-out width was 12.4 feet (plus bracing). Weatherboarding covered the 10-foot high bridge, which had an open area at the eaves for light and ventilation. A gable roof initially covered the bridge, but a tornado destroyed the original roof in 1914. After the tornado, Mr. Parks replaced the gable roof with a flat shed roof. The Parks Covered Bridge is the only known Kingpost truss covered bridge in the state. After its 1997 relocation, it still retains its original Kingspost truss, but is covered in weatherboarding and a gable roof.
PHOTOS BY BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO
The Editor: What is up with technology, LL ?
Rambling Wreck Cat: Face recognition seems to be here.
There will be a bunch of familiar faces in this show. The faces of the Democrats for many years. Disney owns FX so they will probably adjust the schedule.
The mother of the Texas killer contacted the police weeks before the shootings.
Here is SPOOKY.
What will Trump do on Veterans Day ?
Egypt is restoring King Tut’s coffin. It has a curse on it.
Explanation: A star cluster around 2 million years young surrounded by natal clouds of dust and glowing gas, M16 is also known as The Eagle Nebula. This beautifully detailed image of the region adopts the colorful Hubble palette and includes cosmic sculptures made famous in Hubble Space Telescope close-ups of the starforming complex. Described as elephant trunks or Pillars of Creation, dense, dusty columns rising near the center are light-years in length but are gravitationally contracting to form stars. Energetic radiation from the cluster stars erodes material near the tips, eventually exposing the embedded new stars. Extending from the ridge of bright emission left of center is another dusty starforming column known as the Fairy of Eagle Nebula. M16 lies about 7,000 light-years away, an easy target for binoculars or small telescopes in a nebula rich part of the sky toward the split constellation Serpens Cauda (the tail of the snake).
Tomorrow’s picture: bridge to the stars