WGN 01-05-12 – Easley or Rosa CB – Built in 1930 – Spans Dub Branch Calvert Prong Little Warrior River on Easley Bridge Road south of Rosa, Blount County – 82 feet long – Town Lattice trusses
The 1936 Alabama DOT covered bridge inventory lists the length as 96′. The Easley Covered Bridge was built in 1927. The 95-foot long bridge was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on March 3, 1976. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 20, 1981. It is currently the oldest and shortest of three historic covered bridges still existing in Blount County. It was built by a crew led by Zelmer C. Tidwell and his uncle Forrest Tidwell. After a routine inspection, the Easley Covered Bridge was closed in 2009 due to unsafe conditions along with nearby Swann Covered Bridge. Following necessary repairs and upgrades, it was reopened to motor vehicle traffic on October 22, 2012.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER…… FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO