WGN 10-59-01 Cromer’s Mill or Nail’s Creek Built in 1906 by James M.Hunt in Franklin Co. spanning Nail’s Creek, one span, 111 ft. long, Town Lattice trusses
Cromer’s Mill or Nail’s Creek Bridge over Nail’s Creek was built in 1906. Closed. State route 106 originally crossed the bridge but when the route was realigned, the bridge was abandoned, and fell into disrepair. In September 1998, extensive repairs at a cost of $147,815.00 were started, and completed a year later. The Town lattice truss is fastened together with tree-nails, has timber chin braces inside each portal, with four additional sets of galvanized steel chin braces equally spaced between the timber chin braces, that were added during the 1998-99 restoration. Set over heavily wooded Nails Creek the bridge is not open to motor traffic. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 7, 1976.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO