WGN – 37-02-09 Irish Bend Covered Bridge -Oregon- Built in 1954 in Benton County spanning Oak Creek near SW Campus Way, single span, 60 feet long, Howe trusses
The construction date of this bridge has been listed as 1938 and 1954. It may have been that a 1938 covered bridge was replaced or substantially repaired in 1954. The bridge originally stood a few miles south of Corvallis. After being bypassed, it needed to be relocated. In 1989, volunteers disassembled it and reconstructed it as a foot bridge on the Oregon State University campus. This bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.