WGN – 37-20-22 Currin or Row River Covered Bridge – Built in 1925 in Lane County by Lane County spanning Row River on Layng Rd., single span, 105 feet long, Howe trusses
Oregon Bridge #14824. Nels Roney constructed the first covered bridge at this location in 1883 for $1,935. It was named for an early pioneer family in the area. When it was to be replaced in 1925, the lowest bid for the contract was $6,250. Lane County chose to do the work with County employees under the supervision of brothers Miller and Walter Sorenson. They constructed the bridge for $4,025. Like many of the others nearby, it has hand-hewn single-piece chords. This is the only Lane County covered bridge which is painted red with white portals. The portals are rounded. The bridge has been bypassed. It was rehabilitated in 1995.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO