WGN – 37-20-27 Mosby Creek Covered Bridge – Built in 1920 in Lane County by Lane County spanning Mosby Creek on Layng Rd., single span, 90 feet long, Howe trusses
Oregon Bridge #14823. This is Lane County’s oldest covered bridge having been built in 1920 under the direction of brothers Walter and Miller Sorenson for $4,125. The bridge includes spliced chords and steel rod cross braces. Mosby Creek was named for pioneer David Mosby who settled in the area in 1853 and staked a claim to 1,600 acres east of the present city of Cottage Grove.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO