WGN – 37-20-36 Wendling Covered Bridge – Built in 1938 in Lane County by A. C. Striker, Lane County spanning Mill Creek on Wendling Rd., single span, 60 feet long, Howe trusses
Cost $1750. T16S R1W S10. The bridge and town of the same name were named after George Wendling, director of the Booth-Kelly Lumber Company, who established a post office here in the 1890s. The bridge cost $2,241 to construct in 1938. Like many others in the county, the chords are a single timber.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO