WGN – 37-20-38 Deadwood Covered Bridge – Built in 1932 in Lane County by Miller Sorenson, Lane County spanning Deadwood Creek on Deadwood Loop Rd., single span, 105 feet long, Howe trusses
Road 201, milepoint 30.00. T16S R9W S25. Bridge builder Miller Sorenson noted that the flooring was installed on a slant so that traffic rounding the corner onto the bridge would travel more safely. It was built at a cost of $4,814. The bridge was bypassed in the 1970’s by a concrete bridge about ½ mile away. The bridge deteriorated for years before Lane County officials decided to rehabilitate it. Damaged and decayed parts were replaced in 1986. A dedication ceremony was held in October 1986 and the bridge re-opened to traffic. The bridge has rounded portals.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO