WGN – 37-20-39 Office Covered Bridge – Built in 1945 in Lane County by Timber Co. spanning North Fork Middle Fork Willamette River off of N. Fork Rd., single span, 180 feet long, Howe trusses
The bridge connected a lumber mill and its office, giving it its name. It is Oregon’s longest span, being 15 feet longer than the Goodpasture Bridge. Being constructed for logging trucks, the truss members are substantial. A covered walkway was included for the safety of workers walking between the office and lumber mill. The company-owned town, including the bridge, was sold to an investment company in 1977. In the early 1980s, the mill burned and the bridge was closed. Lane County acquired the property through tax foreclosure in 1992 and restored the bridge.
PHOTOS BY: BILL BOWSER….FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO