Subject: Fwd: H.R. 127 Firearms Registration Legislation
This proposed legislation is a clear violation of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution!
Below is a brief synopsis of the key provisions of this legislation:
A bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives (01/04/2021)
By Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee [D-TX-18]
To provide for the licensing of firearms and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
Some of the provisions are:
· Create a national database of ALL firearms with in the United States.
· Requires a license to possess a firearm or ammunition. (including antique firearms)
· Requires a separate license for “Military Style Weapons” to include training certified by the Attorney General.
· Psychological evaluation by licensed psychologists approved by the Attorney General.
· Firearm insurance ($800 per year paid to the Federal Gov’t.)
· Unlawful to sell, give or loan a firearm or ammunition unless the Attorney General is notified.
· Penalties to include: Fines up to $150,000 AND no less than 15 years in prison.
· A ban on .50 caliber and larger ammunition (no exception for black powder ammunition).
· A ban on magazines of larger than 10 round capacity.
PLEASE, Contact your Congressman to oppose this bill.
Also, please pass this along to anyone you know that supports the Second Amendment.