- Ace – Cool [Thanks to Debby Rubin, Milwaukee, WI]
- Afro – black hairstyle – [Thanks to Ed from Switzerland]
- A Gas – Having a lot of fun.
- All Show and No Go – Pretty car. Nice wheels and so forth. Looks good put has no go power.
- Ape: Used with verbs gone or went. (i.e. “When I came home an hour late my parents went ape.)
- BA – Could mean Bare All or Bare Ass.
- Bad – Awesome
- Bad Ass – Tough guy
- Bag – Meant to steal. Who bagged my wallet? Also “what’s your bag?”, which meant “What’s your problem?”
- Ball – To Party as in Little Richard’s song “Good Golly Miss Molly, you sure like to ball.” Also meant to have intercourse.
- Beat Feet – Leave the area quickly.
- Bird – middle finger or aircraft
- Birth Control Seats – Referred to cars with bucket seats
- Bitchin’ – Good, great, or awesome
- Blast – Had a great time like “I had a blast at the dance.”
- Blasted – Very drunk. [Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Blew the doors off- easily beat the other car in a drag race [Thanks to Carolyn Evans of Mayfield, Kentucky]
- Blitzed – Drunk
- Bogart – Not to share marijuana- “Don’t Bogart that joint my friend!” [Thanks to Joel Jerauld La Mesa, CA]
- Book – Leave the scene
- Bookin’ – Going real fast
- Boss – Cool or fantastic – The new album I just bought is boss!
- Bread – Money
- Bread ‘n Butter – when two folks were walkin ‘n down the street and were seperated by a pole, tree, parkin meter, etc. [Thanks to Thumpa of Sarasota, Florida]
- Brew – Beer
- Brody or Brody Out – To skid half a circle with your brakes locked up.
- Bug Out – Leave the premises
- Bum a Smoke – Borrow a cigarette from another person [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio]
- Bummed Out – Depressed
- Burn Rubber – Squeal out with your tires spinning and leaving rubber on the asphalt.
- Carded – Checked by the police for I.D. (usually associated with drinking alcohol.) [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Candyass – A Wimp or uncool thing or person.
- Cat– Guy
- Catch some Z’s – Go to sleep [Thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Certified – absolutely a dork [Thanks to Deedee of Michigan]
- Cherry – Pristine or mint condition. That car is cherry!
- Chester the Molester – Pervert [Thanks to Karen Carmack of Independence MO]
- Chick – girl or woman
- Chicken (To Play) – Two cars drive head on towards each other and the first to pull away is a coward.
- Chinese Firedrill – A Car is stopped at a red light and all occupants of the car get out of the car and run around it and get back in the car while holding up traffic.
- Choners – Boxer shorts worn by surfers instead of swimming trunks. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Church Key – Before pop top cans, there were openers that were designed to puncture the beer can to drink from it.
- Chrome Dome – Bald Man [thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Clean – Exceptional looking i.e. That’s a clean looking Chevy [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio]
- Cloud 9 – really happy [Thanks to Dennis Irvin SE Pennsyvania]
- Cool – Nice
- Cool Head – Nice guy
- Cool Pipes – Mellow sounding exhaust system [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Cop a Feel – Touching a girl’s no touch zone pretending it was accidental.
- Cotties – Unkind remark, As in “Stay away she’s got cooties” (bugs) [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Crash – go to bed / sleep [thanks to Gregg Stotesbery Tecumseh, MO]
- Cruising – Driving up and down the strip, street or town looking for members of the opposite sex.
- Cutout – leave the scene or area (also see Split) [Thanks to Slolne from NY]
- D.A. – Guy hair style. Combed like a duck’s ass [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Decked Out – All Dressed Up
- Dibs – Used with the word got. “I got dibs on that seat.” Meaning you own it.
- Dig – Do you understand?
- Ditz – An idiot
- Don’t Flip Your Wig – In other words don’t go ape.
- Don’t Have A Cow – (See above)
- Don’t Sweat It – Don’t let it bother you.
- Dork – Weird person [Thanks to Deedee of Michigan]
- Drag – Race for a short distance. Also means dull. Also, a puff from a cigarette.
- Drop a Dime – use the pay phone [thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Dude – A geek
- Fab – Fantastic
- Fag – A cigarette [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio)
- Far-out – awesome [thanks to Gregg Stotesbery Tecumseh, MO] Also see outta sight
- Fine as Wine – Good-looking – as The guy or girl is “fine as wine” [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio]
- Fink – Tattletale
- Five Finger Discount – Anything acquired by theft
- Flake – A useless person
- Flick – movie [Thanks to Dennis Irwin of SE Pennsylvania]
- Flip Flops – Thongs that you wore on your feet
- Flipping The Bird – Middle finger gesture. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Floor Box – floor mounted transmission shifter [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Flower Child – A Hippie
- Foam Domes – padded bras [thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Four on the Floor – See Floor Box [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Fox – An outstanding looking chick – also Foxy Lady (also see “Stone Fox”)
- Freakin’ Out – getting excited or a panic attack [thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Frosted – angry [thanks to Dennis Irwin of SE Pennsylania]
- Fuzz – The Police
- Give me Some Sugar – Give me a kiss – [thanks to Charlotte Hyatt, Virginia]
- Go All The Way – Have Sex
- Going Steady – Dating only one person
- Groovy – Nice or neat marvelous also Goovin’
- Glasspacks – Mufflers lined with fiberglass to muffle the sound. The shorter the muffler the louder the sound.
- Grease Slapper – oil burning car or truck – [thanks to Paul Kelly of Minnesota]
- Gum Ball Machine – the old fashion lights on a police cruiser [thanks to Gloria Damron of Sebring, Ohio]
- Hacked or Hacked Off – Mad or teed off.
- Hairy – Out of control
- Hang Loose – Take it easy
- Hauls Ass – A car really moves. “Tom’s Chevy sure hauls ass.”
- Head – someone who used drugs [thanks to Phillip Millenbah]
- Heavy – deep, needing a lot of thought and contemplation. [thanks to Ed Hodgkins of Greensboro, NC]
- Hickey – See Love Bite
- Hip – Very Cool
- Hodad – a non-surfer, just hangs around the beach
- Hopped up – Souped up like a car
- Horn – Telephone [thanks to Dennis Irvin of SE Pennsylvania]
- Hunk – What a girl calls a good looking guy
- Kissup – Teacher’s Pet or person that will do anything to please another person in authority.
- Kleenex Cleavage – A stuffed bra.[Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Kook – Amateur surfer or anyone who couldn’t perform well. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- L7 – square, loser not with it [thanks to Jim O’Brien, Gillette, NJ]
- Later – Goodbye
- Lay A Patch – Burn rubber with car wheels as you leave
- Lay It On Me – Tell me or speak your piece
- “Let’s hat up” – generally used in the military. Since you had to wear a hat while in uniform while outside so when leaving a building you would say “lets hat up.” [Thanks to T. Wertz from Salt Lake City for sending that one in. I remember that expression well.]
- Lid –approximately 1oz. of marijuana also could mean a hat
- Loaded – Intoxicated or drunk
- Love Bite – Also known as a hickey – Red mark on a person made by suction of a kiss by lips and tongue. [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio)
- Love-In – A peaceful public gathering focused on meditation, Love,music,sex and/or psychedelic drugs [Thanks to Joel Jerauld La Mesa, CA]
- Luggage – Heavy burden as in “That’s some luggage your are carring. Bags under the eyes from lack of sleep [Thanks to Charlotte Hyatt, Virginia]
- Make Out – Kissing
- Mary Jane – Marijuana [Thanks to Mary Blosser, Kansas]
- Meanwhile Back At The Ranch – It was used to get the storyteller back on track to the story he was telling. In other words, get to the point. It was meant to keep it short. Phrase came from serial westerns.
- Midnight Auto Supply – Auto parts stolen
- Mill. Engine – As in, “What kind of mill you running in that thing?” [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Moo Juice – milk [thanks to Gloria Damrod of Sebring, Ohio]
- Moon – To drop your pants and show your bare butt
- Mosquito Fogger – car burning oil [thanks to Carol of Sanford Manitoba]
- Neato – Sharp
- Nooner – Sex in the afternoon [Thanks to Karen Carmack of Independence MO]
- Old Lady or Old Man – Referred to Mom and Dad [Now a days may refer to wife of husband]
- One Finger Salute – Middle finger gesture. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- On the Rag – in a foul mood [thanks to Greg Stotesberry, Tecumseh Mo]
- Open Pipes – Loud car without mufflers. “Hey man, sounds like you’re running open pipes” [Thanks to Glen Teason from Texas]
- Outta Sight or Out of Sight – awesome [Thanks to Johnny Clavin from New Orleans] Also see Far Out
- Pad – place you live [Thanks to Susan Schmitt from Rock Hall, Maryland]
- Padiddle – A car with only one headlight working. [thanks to Gloria Damrod from Sebring, Ohio] Also see below.
- Padink – A car with only one headlight working. [Thanks to Carol Creeden, Indiana]
- Panties in a Twist – Don’t get upset [Thanks to Charlotte Hyatt, Virginia]
- Passion Pit – Drive-in Movie
- Pedal Pushers – knee high pants worn by girls [thanks to Carol Ann-Cella-Kirner West Caldwell, NJ]
- Peel Out – Burn or leave rubber with your car
- Peepers – Eye Glasses – [Thanks to Dennis Irvin of SE Pennsylvania]
- Pig – Cop or a Promiscuous Girl
- Pig Out – Overeat
- Pink Slip – car title or firing or laid off notice from a job [Thanks to Susan Schmitt from Rock Hall, Maryland]
- Pipe down – be quiet [thanks to Dennis Irvin SE Pennsylania]
- Pits, the worst, nasty, bad, awful, meaningless (i.e. “this place is the pits”) [Thanks to Thumpa Clift, Sarasota, Florida]’
- Pot – Marijuana
- Pound – To beat up somebody i.e. “I’m gonna pound you.” [Thanks to Jan Johnston of Plymouth, Michigan for this one.]
- Queer – Something to be considered dorky or dumb, as in: Those shoes are so queer! Also, a derogatory slang word for a homosexual person. [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio)
- Quickie – quick sex [Thanks to Karen Carmack of Independence MO]
- Rake – To move the suspension high up on the back of a car. “His car is really raked!” [Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Rap – to talk [thanks to Mary Klett from Florida for this one]
- Ratfink – informer [thanks to Mark Hassard of Canada]
- Rave On – Please keep it going – [Thanks to Andrea Fox from North Carolina]
- Retard – A really socially inept, dorky person (insensitive word to use today) [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Columbus, Ohio]
- Ride – car, truck, or motorcycle [thanks to Greg Stotesberry, Tecumseh Mo]
- Right On – exactly or I second that. [Thanks to Nina Gilberti from Philadelphia]
- Score – Going all the way with a girl
- Shades – Sunglasses
- Sharp – Real Good Looking [Thanks to Leslie Hardman, Orient, Ohio]
- Shine me on – when someone was ignoring or trying not to notice your presence. For instance: Why were you shining me on yesterday? [Thanks to Laura Nestor of California]
- Shotgun – Passenger seat in the front seat of a car next to the door. The place of honor. You had to call out “shotgun” first to win the honor. Once you vacate the car the honor is once again up for grabs.
- Skag – An ugly girl
- Skank – See Skag
- (What’s the) Scanoose? – What’s up? What’s the story? [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Skirt – A girl
- Skuzz – Low down, disgusting person also used as Skuzz bucket which could mean an ugly car as well.
- Slam Book – a pass around book filled with questions to answer on your fellow classmates. [Thanks to Jan Johnston of Plymouth, Michigan]
- Slug Bug/Safety Pin – If you see someone with a Volkswagon beetle you yell out Slug Bug. But if the person you intend to hit yells Safety pin, you can’t hit them. [Lindalee Stuckey, Illinois]
- Slut – very promiscuous girl
- Split – leave the scene or area (Also see Cutout) [Thanks to Slolne from NY]
- Solid – I got it or I’m with you [Thanks to Nina Gilberti from Philadelphia]
- Square – Somebody not cool
- Stacked – A girl well endowed or built
- Stick Bang – Skinny girl. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Sticks – rural area [thanks to Dennis Irwin of SE Pennsylvania]
Stoned – High on pot [thanks to Gregg Stotesbery Tecumseh, MO]
Stone Fox – Extremely beautiful girl [thanks to Cindy from South Carolina]
Stood up – No show on a date
- Stuck Up – Conceited
- Submarine Races – Parking next to a water shore to wait for the submarine races to which of course was only an excuse to park and make out. For your information there were no such thing as a submarine race.
- Swapping Spit – French Kissing to the maximum
- Sweat Hog – Fat Chick or Fat Guy
- Tank – large car – [thanks to Dennis Irvin SE Pennsylvania]
- Teeny Bopper – Thought of as a boring teenager or very young teenager [thanks to Phillip Millenbah]
- The Bird – The Middle Finger
- Threads – clothes [thanks to Mary Klett from Florida for this one]
Toke – taking a puff on a joint [thanks to Gregg Stotesbery Tecumseh, MO]
- Tough or Tuff – Great looking or cherry “She sure is a tough chick”
- Toys in the attic or she’s got toys – a young woman too immature or naive for her age [thanks to Ed Robinson of Denver, CO]
- Trippin’ – a high unusual experience like high on drugs
Twitchin – Like Bitchin and means the same thing. [thanks to Gregg Stotesbery Tecumseh, MO]
Uptight – Being tense or nervous, almost paranoid. [thanks to Michael Chauss, Northern California]
- Wedgie – When somebody pulls your underwear up from the back and ends in the crack. Some of today’s underwear are made for that purpose; they call them thongs.
- Weed – marijuana or cigarette [thanks to Daniela from El Paso, TX]
- Wheelie – Wheel stand with a car or motorcycle. [Thanks to Allen Rizzi Etowah, NC]
- Wheels – car – [thanks to Dennis Irwin SE Pennsylvania]
- Wiz, Take a – Urinate
- Woody – An erection
- Zits – Pimples
- Zoned Out – someone staring off in space, deep in thought, as if they were in the Twilight Zone [ thanks to Paul Whitecotton, Palm Springs, CA]
West Virginia coal miners show support for HOR hard work.
Send them to Tehran.
The Be Safe Editor: Is this a special, LL ?
It Might Be A 38 Special Cat: It is a reminder that with sanctuary states and cities, law abiding Americans need to be more aware of danger than ever. Here are some reasons I recommend more than one gun at times, and lock those doors on cars homes, and bathrooms if necessary. This lady could have avoided a terrifying encounter if she had a gun.
See how much simpler it is with a gun ( hidden on the towel shelf would be better ).
For goodness sake lock those doors.
Teddy Roosevelt had a bedside buddy.
Make sure everyone knows gun safety, and keep guns safe from kids. Alec Baldwin should have known gun safety.
Here is recent news from Joey’s toads.
This article is two weeks old. The police want to try this customer for murder. They will say if the robber’s back was turned he was no longer a threat. The last shot ” one to grow on ” is definitely a cause for concern.
This is funny, FJB and California politicians. The Sphinx has already said give America back to the Native Americans.
The Walshe Diary.
All you ever wanted to know about government shut downs.
Joe is a lying monkey, like those who believe him. We know almost everyone will work for anyone if the price is right.
The Republicans can’t beat the MSM, impeach Joey. The Chinese have copies of every Top Secret document in his garage.
Our woke military can’t even protect its own property. There is no wonder it has recruited its last full recruitment year.
States will screw service members, while accepting ballots harvested anytime in the same calendar year. The states I saw are Democratic.
A trans-woman is a MAN.
After the tornado, let’s try to get focused. First is Hunter’s Nobel Prize for his concern for his 4 year old daughter.
I’m almost through writing about Joey. The Secret Service has to clear every person who visits the President–it’s all lies.
Reports say Joey didn’t report about $500,000.00 in rent payment from Hunter. I think it was a money laundering scam.
Maybe this will help.
Let it crash. June is the date.
Companies should limit executive pay to about 10 million-total.
Is Home Depot helping employees ?
Explanation: A broad expanse of glowing gas and dust presents a bird-like visage to astronomers from planet Earth, suggesting its popular moniker – The Seagull Nebula. Using narrowband image data, this 3-panel mosaic of the cosmic bird covers a 2.5 degree swath across the plane of the Milky Way, near the direction of Sirius, alpha star of the constellation Canis Major. Likely part of a larger shell structure swept up by successive supernova explosions, the broad Seagull Nebula is cataloged as Sh2-296 and IC 2177. The prominent bluish arc below and right of center is a bow shock from runaway star FN Canis Majoris. This complex of gas and dust clouds with other stars of the Canis Majoris OB1 association spans over 200 light-years at the Seagull Nebula’s estimated 3,800 light-year distance.
Tomorrow’s picture: pixels in space